Wednesday, January 30, 2013

If I Had My Druthers Part Two

Following up from last week, another suggestion I had for the new Call of Cthulhu rulebook is a digest-sized, stripped-down cheapo edition that would retail for under $20, something that would look like this:


It's hard to see, but the little icon in the upper-left is a piece of sinister-looking ancient Egyptian statuary. As with the cover, I'd like to use callbacks to less tentactular elements of Cthulhu fiction to ground the book in real-world elements which recur frequently: archaeology and ancient civilisations, ancient texts and libraries, urban and rural decay, and the boundaries of human piecing together of dissociated knowledge.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Free Hexmap Templates

Hey, with the #hexplore stuff going on I figured I should clean up and post some hexmap templates I've had sitting around for a while: H...